Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sewing Seeds & Giving Back...

Have you often thought of the many things you could do for others, but haven't stumbled on your exact course of action? We recently received an inspiring letter from a gal who figured out her own special path to giving. She was haunted by the passage in Matthew 25, 36, "I needed clothes and you clothed me".

This was Jennifer Sinclair's course of action.
I'd like to share with you about my "Sewing Seeds" project for orphans. I was feeling led to sew for orphans but didn't really know where to start and what was needed. Just recently, I was approached about a need for girls' dresses in Uganda, Africa. Talk about an answered prayer! For more details, see a recent post on my blog: My two year old daughter and I had a great time strolling through Mary Jo's picking out fabric. Within a week, I have completed three dresses, but I'm excited to do more. I've attached a picture of the completed three dresses from Mary Jo's fabric. I wanted fabrics that were bright, colorful, and durable. Of course, at Mary Jo's there is a lot to choose from and I found just what I needed. The employees were great to offer help and suggestions. Although my project seems small, it is my prayer that God will use my dresses to make a precious girl not only feel special, but also feel God's love. Mark 4:20..."Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop - thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times what is sown." I'd love for this to become much bigger than me and my little Singer sewing machine. God may just make that happen. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share. Well, the sew must go on, Jennifer Sinclair
Thanks so much for your inspirational story. We hope some of our customers will be inspired to follow their "Giving Path". We have bolts and bolts of the style of fabric Jennifer did choose for her Passion Project. Bright almost retro, yet somewhat modern, this is a sturdy cotton blend with a giant pop of color. What could make a young girl, in any country happier then these sunny dresses. Remember, we also have incredible, beautiful fabric ON SALE in the store and online. Shop the Sale page frequently as the stock is always changing.

Do you have a project you would like to share? We are all ears and always delighted to see the handiwork of our Mary Jo's Cloth customers. Please send us an email with a brief description today.
Enjoy this lovely almost Spring day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely wonderful story....made me tear up...smiles.