After such a phenomenal response in 2013 and 2014, Girl’s Day Out is returning for its third year! If you haven’t been able to make it before, don’t sweat it. We have compiled the top 6 tips on how to get the most out of this one-day-only extravaganza!
1. Arrive EarlyDoors opening at 9 a.m. haven’t stopped our fabulous fans from arriving in the wee hours of the morning to camp out in a line that wrapped around our 32,000 square foot store. Same goes for this year; we recommend grabbing some chairs and claiming your spot in line early! We’ll have donuts and coffee to help you make it through the wait!
2. Be PreparedWith only so many hours in the day and tons of demonstrations to see, fabrics to purchase and prizes to win, having a plan of attack can make all the difference. Plan ahead and know which fabrics you can’t live without and what time your demonstrations are starting. What’s the best way to know when everything is going down? Join our Girl’s Day Out Facebook page or sign up for our newsletter for all of the latest event details and information!
3. Use the Buddy SystemGirl’s Day Out is all about the girls! Bring a friend and enjoy the ultimate ‘shop til you drop’ experience. Better yet, you can even have your partner in crime help scope out the next sale section while you finish getting your fabric cut. Team work!
4. Treat YourselfAt Mary Jo’s, we love our customers! That is why our entire Girl’s Day Out event is centered on you. It’s our personal way of saying thank you for the love. How are we doing that? Not only have we worked with vendors to negotiate special pricing on fabric, but we have secured amazing prizes (like Baby Lock sewing machines, fabric and gift cards) that we’ll be giving away every 30 minutes all day long!
5. Boys ARE AllowedWhile we do love our ladies at Mary Jo’s, the fellas are just as fun! Everyone is welcome, from hubbies to male sewing aficionados. Featuring home décor demos, giveaways and even a designated husband lounging space, everyone can find something to enjoy at our Girl’s Day Out event.
6. No ExcusesDon’t live nearby? No sweat! We have partnered with Hampton Inn (1859 Remount Road, Gastonia NC 28054) for a special GDO rate. Click here or call 704.866.9090 to book your room today! Still can’t make it? Don’t worry! With our Girls Day Out Internet Sale you’ll get 10% off your entire online purchase from 6 a.m. July 11 until 6 a.m. July 13 at MaryJos.com!*
*Subject to availability. No special orders. In stock only.