Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ponytail Clips



What a wonderful world we share with our customers. They are creative and are always working on amazing projects. Quilters, Crafters, Designers, Dressmakers, Costumers, Dollmakers and all other sewing/design experts pass through our store and website buying fabric for their projects and leaving beauty in their wake! We appreciate your letters and project photos, thanks and keep them coming.
Mary Marsh, a frequent visitor to Gastonia, dropped us a note, sharing her "Crafty" Ponytail clips. They are very clever and are made from interesting fabric choices.
"I am a huge fan of Mary Jo's! Even though I live in Charleston, SC,
my parents still live in Gastonia and I always seem to make time to
come visit your store when I'm home for a visit! I always try to
allot at least one hour (two if I'm lucky!) to browse your lovely
fabric selections! It's so funny because I have such a passion for
fabrics but don't know the first thing about sewing. That's okay
because what I do doesn't involve sewing... thank goodness!

I make fabric covered button ponytail holders, hair clips, bobbie
pins, headbands, and more with your gorgeous fabrics! I use the
metal cover buttons and transform them into little lovelies for the
hair! I have been making and selling these hair accessories for a
little over a year and a half now. I primarily sell on a website
called Etsy. Etsy is a website which focuses primarily on providing
the general public with a way to buy and sell handmade items. My
Etsy address is www.marymarsh.etsy.com. I also sell them locally in
Gastonia at my father's business, Medical Center Pharmacy, which is
located at 515 Cox Road."
Thanks Mary and keep up the good work.
Do you have a project to share? Take a moment and send to us today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I just came and wanted to say that I really enjoyed viewing your blog. In any case college board will be useful.