Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Blast From The Past...


Hearing the stories and experiences that sometimes took place many years ago and how Mary Jo's Cloth Store is woven into the fabric of our customers lives makes my job priceless. Last week I received an email that tells a great story in a heartfelt way and yes, Mary Jo's Cloth Store made a difference!
Take a moment to read Miss Donna's story.
"Our daughter was still an infant when I decided that I would make her wedding gown. My husband is a retired Navy officer, a veteran of 26 years of active service. We had been stationed in many places that boasted wonderful fabric stores over the years but when our daughter and future son-in-law announced their engagement we happened not to find ourselves in one of those places. We were living in a small city in Northern California by then with only fairly passé fabric stores from which to shop. My daughter had picked out a pattern and wanted lace on her gown like the lace on the pattern picture. I called McCall’s Patterns and they very helpfully told me the lace manufacturer’s name and suggested stores in my state that might carry it. There was a well-known chain of fabric stores in northern California at that time that I was familiar with that happened to be one of the stores mentioned I called the flagship store, located in Pacific Grove, California near where we had been stationed last. I was told that they carried the brand of lace but if I wanted a specific lace they would have to order it and I would have to buy the entire bolt rather than just the amount I needed. So I called the fabric manufacturer in New York… They recommended calling Mary Jo’s and kindly provided me with the phone number. I called Mary Jo’s and my call was given to a very knowledgeable sale’s woman in the bridal department named Angie. (I know this because I still have the invoice along with remnants of that beautiful lace.) She assured me that, not only did the store carry a good quantity of the lace I wanted and in the color I wanted but they would sell me only the amount I needed. She asked if I would trust her to match the colors I needed for the various trims. The order was taken I was assured that she would mail them to me promptly. So she did. I was not disappointed. Thank you so much, Mary Jo’s. The gown was stunning and so was our daughter who was married on January 16, 1993. She’s still married to the same wonderful young man and is the mother of our ten year old grandson. And I’m still sewing…
Cordially,
Donna,
Limestone,Tennessee
Thanks for sharing Donna.
I had a conversation with Angie, yes the same Angie in the letter.She remembers this very transaction! "It was wonderful to hear from you! Talk about a trip down memory lane! At that time, I was in Mail Order and loved to work with our “Mail Order Brides”. It was so exciting putting together those dreamy dresses. I would get as nervous as the brides (and moms) when I picked their laces and fabrics for them. And now, after so many years, to think that maybe I was a part of something so wonderful and lasting is such a blessing. Thank you for sharing!"
After all those years Angie is still with us and is now the webmaster of maryjos.com. She is always a joy and fun to work with.

I love my job as the Editor of MaryJo's Design Blog, hearing your stories is the best part! Do you have a story to tell? Please send an email and if you would like, include a few photographs of the project.

PS. We are working on the Community page, loading in your emails, projects and photographs. Check the website often, it will be up and running soon.

1 comment:

ghassada said...

Saturday January 3 2009
daniel to return.

"Then I wanted to know the truth about the fourth animal, which was different from all others, very terrible, which had iron teeth and nails of brass, who ate, broke, and trampling on what was left ;
20
and the ten horns he had at the head, and the other came out and before which three were dropped on that horn that had eyes, a mouth speaking arrogant and more appearance than other .
21
I saw the horn to make war with saints, and prevail over them,
22
until the old days came right up to the saints of the Most High, and the time came when the Saints were in possession of the kingdom.
23
He told me about this: The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that exist on earth, different from all kingdoms, and devour all the earth, the crowd and break

He will deliver words against the Most High, he oppress the saints of the Most High, and he hopes to change times and law and the saints will be delivered between his hands for a time and times and half a time.
26
Then comes the trial and he will remove his domination, which will be destroyed and destroyed forever.
27
The reign, domination, and the magnitude of all the kingdoms which are under the heavens, will be given to the people of the saints of the Most High. His reign is a reign eternal, and all the dominating serve and obey him.
this part of a vision of Daniel from the Louis Segond intrigued during my very long time, all interpretations seemed paradoxical.
the images of fire in Gaza, the imbalance between the forces, refreshed me in the dream of Daniel.
My hypothesis is as follows:
- The bete is the United States of America
- The horns are eleven account since the emergence of users as the first global force after the uilisation of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima by Truman, the thirty-third president of the United States of America from 1945 to 1953.
on account of Truman until bush on a 11 horn.
- It will lower three kings: as in this sentence can apply three names milosevitch, sadam, Yasser Arafat (HEROD resemblance to the Jewish king)
the Saints will be in its hands: are certainly people in the holy land. I propose that the palestinens.
Here is my version I ask who can
Français > Anglais permuterTraduire